Dr. Culleton’s Top 10 Immune and Stress Support Techniques
Back to school can always be a bit stressful. Parents, teachers, and children are all buzzing with the anticipation of the new school year. Over the past months, I’ve been taking note of my patients’ biggest stress concerns. I’ve compiled a list to help you, your family, co-workers, and community members tame the stress and get back into the rhythm with ease.
Is there something on this list you can do (or gift) to soothe somebody’s stress today?
We are in this together. You are not alone.
Top 10 Immune and Stress Support Techniques for Back to School
Of course the number one concern is…how do I keep my child healthy? There is nothing worse than not being prepared for getting sick. Lets be prepared this year!
- Go through your medicine cabinet. Toss expired supplements and restock your basics. These are my favorite products for immune & stress support:
- Elderberry syrup
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin D
- Kalmerite Glycerite
- Garlic Mullein Oil for ear infections
- Not sure what you or your child should take? Schedule a consultation with me today!
- Get socks for the Warming Socks hydrotherapy treatment. I highly recommend this easy home treatment for speeding up recovery from cold and flu viruses.
- Smartwool socks
- Cotton socks
- Know your child’s immunization status. Read more about why we have certain immunizations and what certain vaccines are for in the articles below.
Resources: Top 12 Childhood Vaccines & What’s in Your Child’s Vaccines: A Parent’s Guide
- Know your child’s school’s illness policy.
How many days is your child required to stay home? Do they need a doctor’s note before they are allowed back?
- Develop your personal “Illness Plan”.
Do both parents work? Who is going to stay home with your child?
- Address underlying conditions. Are you or your child experiencing abnormal symptoms? Get to the root of the problem so that you are less susceptible to colds, flus, and asthma.
Resource: What’s Causing My Itchy Skin: 4 Common Factors
- Engage in a daily movement practice. Schedule an appointment with your doctor to help determine what exercise is right for you.
Resource: Cosmic Yoga Videos for children
- Practice daily meditation.
Resource: Awake & Be Mindful Videos for children
- Develop a self-care routine.
- Establish care with a mental health counselor.
As a community, we need to remember that this year’s back to school stress is higher than ever with kids back in the classroom. The parents in our community are really feeling it right now and they desperately need our support. We are raising the next generation in very trying times and our children are watching how we respond to all the massive changes around us. I encourage you all to be the role model you wish you had growing up. Take care of your mental, emotional, and physical health and support your community in any way you can.